Saturday, June 16, 2007

So I'm at the Grocery Store










from L to R - Fred Anderson, Hamid Drake



I love Chicago. There should be no doubt about that - ever. I'm at the store over in Bronzeville this evening and who do I bump into?

Fred Anderson one of the worlds great sax players. Hadn't seen Mr. Anderson in quite some time. I've been meaning to check out his new spot - the New Velvet Lounge. Fred is one person that once he knows you, he never forgets you and here I am in the middle of the grocery talking to my hero and nobody knew who this elder was. Only in Chicago.

Check out the newest CD from Fred Anderson and Hamid Drake called From the River to the Ocean. It is outstanding. It features Josh Abrams (original member of The Roots), Harrison Bankhead (member of 8 Bold Souls) and Jeff Parker (member of Tortoise).

No comments: