Monday, June 18, 2007

King Kobe


I am a PlayStation maven folks. I play every chance I get and my favorite game without peer is any NBA game. I make it a point to destroy the Chicago Bulls as they are configured and add new players. I have always added Kobe Bryant to my squad and I always roll out on any team I play. Over the past month the word from Los Angeles is that Kobe wants out. He wants to be a Bull or maybe a Knick but in my mind and in my heart he will be a Bull. Makes perfect sense considering he has always shadowed Michael Jordan. Chicago is the third largest market in the United States and the money making/legacy potential is profound. Kobe Bryant would be King of the City. You know he would and if you can get past the potential bleeding of your franchise (Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and maybe Kirk Hinrich) trust me the idea of Kobe dominating the East is too good for even John Paxson to ignore.

If you listen to sports talk stations like The Score however you will hear things like Kobe is a cancer, I don’t like him because of what happened in Colorado, he pushed Shaq out of LA yada, yada, yada. Read the following very carefully – none of you liked Dennis Rodman before he was a Bull. You were ready the brick him upside the head because of how rotten he was, remember? Let the “fan” tell it and Dennis Rodman was the best thing to happen to the Bulls. Now I know one thing…if you put Kobe on this team you have what you’ve been missing since Jordan left – a chance to be in the conference finals and a chance to be in the NBA Finals.

Don’t be fooled just look at his stats. The Bulls have won NOTHING since Jordan left and Kobe Bryant arguably the best player on the planet wants to come here and you don’t like him because of something that happened far away from any basketball court? STFU and get used to this: “Starting at guard from Lower Merion high school number 24 KOBE BRYYYYANNNNNT.

Lord, let this PlayStation wish come true…

No comments: