Friday, June 22, 2007

On the Run

Some quick hits as I prepare to enjoy the weekend.

If Rosie O’Donnell becomes the host of the Price Is Right, how long before we hear: “The Price Is Wrong Bitch!” This would be the single worst hire in the history of American television. Rosie is a social pariah who has lost all cred with me after she decided to sabotage an already awful show – The View. Just when you thought it was safe – duh-na, duh-na here's Rosie about to fuck up another TV show. Yuck – she makes me sick. I mean for real…barf sick.

When people get together to watch an event on TV, does there always have to be “that guy” watching with you? If you don’t know who “that guy” is consider yourself lucky. One of the local bars here in town held “that guy” in such high regard that he destroyed my already dreadful viewing experience. The Cubs clobbered the White Sox and “that guy” couldn’t keep his mouth shut. Ahhhhhh, you can’t beat fun at the old ballpark.

Memo to my brothers with bangin’ sound systems in their rides: TURN YOUR SHIT DOWN. I don’t need to know that you have diminished musical tastes – keep it to yourself. Party like a rock star just consider the local noise ordinance.

I wonder if/when Oprah will take up the cause of Mumia Abu-Jamal? Just a thought...

How in the blue hell does Arsenal let Thierry Henry just walk away without a serious fight? They've made zero moves on the transfer circuit this spring, didn't do crap this past season and now no more Henry!?!?! Oh well...I can still like Arsenal and learn to like Barca. You guys have no idea what I'm talking about do you?


Enjoy yourself this weekend and have one on me...okay at least for me.

No comments: