Saturday, July 26, 2008

QUICK HITS

SO DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY - YET

There is an element of certainty in certain things...what we in Chicago now know about the murder of Mya Lyons is as much as we knew a few days ago. Mya was found by her father a little bit more than a week ago in an area that borders a set of train tracks. Almost immediately her father was guitly in the court of public opinion and on 26/7/2008 her father was nearly identified by the Chicago Police. I say nearly because they towed a van away and its unclear whos van it is but what is clear is that the fire is being stoked and her dad is the prime suspect. I have two words for you: JonBenet Ramsey. Her parents and brother were guilty in that same court of pulic opinion until 10/7/2008 when DNA evidence cleared them as the suspects in that childs murder. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...let the police do their job and lets hope that whoever killed that child gets caught soon.

YOU'VE GOT THE LOOK

So Barack Obama decided he wanted to take a trip overseas and check the vibe of the world. Well wtf do you think happened? The world loves this shit and they have already declared him as el presidente! Funny how shit works out huh? Obama goes to Paris and President Sarkozy sets him out! Big press conference with foreign and US journalists in attendance and Sarkozy all but endorsed him on the spot. McCain went to Paris too...no one cared. No big press conference, no croissants, no fries - nothing french for him at all. It is really getting close to the part of our program where we start laughing uncontrollably at the candidacy of John Wayne McCain and the bumbling antics of the Republican party. Congrats President Obama...almost.

LET'S PARTY LIKE IT'S 1977!!!

I am not a fan of 90% of Chicago Cub fans. The ten percent that I like get it. The baseball season does not end in June. It does not end when you are in first place after the All-Star break. Baseball season ends in September/October. The Cubs were in first place for a nice long time in 1977. I was ten and I remember it so, so well. They were in the lead for a good portion of the baseball season BUT they choked. Every Cub team has either choked or were never in it every year of my life (41). I expect nothing different now. I am saying it to the world first. IF THE CUBS LOSE THEIR FIRST PLACE SPOT - THEY WILL NOT GET IT BACK. Good luck to them though but I hope the 90% of Cub Fans I don't like can take it...without dinner and a movie too...damn.

Special thanks to the folks at Elastic Arts Foundation who allowed me to work on the blog in their spacious offices here in Chicago.

No comments: