Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Here Come The Hawks?


Well I never...the Chicago Blackhawks are back and I couldn't be happier. You may be asking yourself, why is Mario happy about a hockey team that has been dormant for almost 20 years? Why would he be excited about a team that until the former owner died couldn't get on television if they lined up and executed people at the United Center. Why get excited about a team that has ZERO presence in the hood? Why man, why?

Because things are changing on the West Side of Chicago and I am with it! Let me start with this team, this wonderful young hockey team. Dustin Byfuglien who has made an impact primarily because the Hawks needed a good defenseman, it doesn't hurt that he's a scorer (had a natural hat trick recently) and he's a brother...and the number one prospect for the Hawks is from - Nigeria...

Say word son? WORD. These Blackhawks have my full attention not just because of the Dynamic Duo - Kane and Toews or Patrick Sharp, Marty Havlat, or even the Bulin Wall but they've made the conscious choice to reach out to a community of people that are hockey retarded. Other players of color - Grant Fuhr, Kevin Weekes, Jarome Iginla have made their mark and for something like that to take place here? Chicago? Bravo Rocky Wirtz (new owner), bravo. Guess what gang get used to it. Chicago Blackhawk Hockey is back, the young lions are running things, the games will be on TV like they used to be - and the brothers are here.

2 comments:

carl said...

Hey Mario. Good to see you writing again.

I'm trying to rekindle my Hawks enthusiasm, but it's tough. There is reason to be excited about the Hawks. But I also enjoy sports more when I know the enemy, and I don't know anything about the rest of the league anymore. It's tough to catch up.

Shruggery.

Be great in 2008.

Chuck Sudo said...

Mario,

I'm thinking of getting some folks together to head to the UC for a Hawks game, since the Bulls are basketball retarded these days.

You want in?