Sunday, December 7, 2008

WEEKEND UPDATE or QUICK HITS (so I don't get sued)

In what has been a very, very interesting 2008 this blog begins to wrap things up with another fine edition of QUICK HITS.

44

President-Elect Obama
has been plugging away telling anyone who'll listen that he isn't the President yet but hell , are you sure you don't want to start now? The horrid and deadly administration that is George W. Bush has catapult this country into a secondary depression, two un-winnable "wars", and everything else that goes with that. 44 has started putting together a stellar cabinet but HRC is a curious choice at best for Secretary of State. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'. Keep a close eye on that one.

SAY WHAT?!

Mayor Richard M. Daley
has killed the parking holiday. I always thought one of the cool things about this city (as a former driver) was the challenge to find a parking meter that either stopped taking money before 9pm OR parking in front of one on Sundays and Holidays for free. The Mayor has leased out the bloody parking meters. I know that "in these tough economic times" every penny counts and cities are losing money and revenue is everything but c'mon Mr. Mayor! A 75 YEAR DEAL? You'll be dead eight times in 75 years! I understand that there is a $1.2 Billion windfall for the city but that money could and will be spent in a couple of years. YOU WANT A 75 YEAR DEAL?!?!?!? Money you will never get back...the private company will collect from your piggy banks for the next 75 years Mr. Mayor. You made 19 million dollars in revenue since last year. Let's see 19 million dollars multiplied by 75 years... WOW! That's a lot of money my friend. You can't see that Mr Mayor? Oh my fault...Mayor for life - blah, blah, blah...do what I say blah, blah, blah. I wonder if he'll make the Olympic reps he's trying to impress pay for parking...not very smart. Mayor Richard Michael Daley - you screwed the pooch my friend...

OBAMAVILLE

Please make 44's block a cul-de-sac so that the residents can have 51st back...I want him protected too but come on...

DERRICK ROSE IS REALLY GOOD

D Rose
is way ahead of his self in terms of development and leadership abilities and all that but have you watched the show yet? He is AWFULLY good and he is the best Bulls player since Michael J. Jordan. He'll be a first team All-Star and you will remember this post. There, I said it. Oh...2010 there will be a gang of free agents in the NBA. Chris Bosh and D. Wade...please PLEASE think about coming to Chicago...oh and Mr. Chairman - fire John Paxson before then.

THANKS AND STUFF

Here
is a copy of this past weeks NEWS FROM the SERVICE ENTRANCE ( 12/4/2008) and I would like to thank Valerie Warner from WGN Morning News and I also would like to thank my good friend Mr. Scoop Jackson from ESPN for being on the show this week.

Leave your comments or concerns in the appropriate spot and thanks for absorbing this blog.

peace power progress


No comments: