Sunday, April 20, 2008

SUNDAY MORNING PAPER

4/20 DAY

Just when you think you know everything about smoking weed...I didn't know that the term 4/20 may have been developed by high school students you can read more about it here...man I loves me some weed! Oh yes no doubt...ever watched Reefer Madness? Who wouldn't want some weed after seeing that? Half Baked, one of my favorite movies with more than its share of popular quotes, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle I mean the list is endless...so go out there and learn more about the sticky icky... and by all means inhale...

STOP THE VIOLENCE

I posed this question on the radio show this past week..."are you crazy"? It certainly appears that way based on the moronically senseless shooting that has taken place this weekend. 20 reported shootings in the past 24 hours. 24 Chicago Public School kids dead (it's only April). I used to dispute the whole "it's really going to be bad when it gets hot" thing but I am convinced now that this summer in Chicago at least is going to be horrid.

Where are the parents of these teen shooters you ask? Well mama is WGCI and daddy is the TV. I am not blaming rap music or TV or even the movies. I blame access to these things. You Tube falls in there too. I mean by virtue of this blog I give people access to information. What a person chooses to do with that info is called consequence. It seems to me when you give people misinformation they are bound to react to it especially if that misinformation appeals to them in some way.

Pass the Information, Extend the Knowledge
. Pass misinformation and you get what you get. Access is everything and so is exposure. If these same young people are exposed to positive images in music alone - what do you think the result would be?

IF YOU FEELIN' LIKE A PIMP...

Did you see Barack Obama brush his shoulders off this past week? Is this black enough for you? If you live in Pennsylvania - VOTE WITH YOUR HEAD, NOT WITH YOUR HEART. Make a choice you can be comfortable with...get that dirt off ya shoulders Philly...you know what to do.

AND FINALLY

The quote of the year from Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen upon the Sox losing to the Tampa Bay Rays 5-0 in two hours and two minutes one of the fastest games in the history of Tropicana Field. ''That was a fast ass-kicking,'' Guillen said.


No comments: